Start-up Summer School is an intense 4-session "crash course" that brings clarity and a sense of confidence for a first-time founder.
We designed this course for start-up founders in the early-stage.
This might be for you if you have:
A new business/start-up that is still in "ideation" or is just getting started,
A business/start-up that might have been going for a while but hasn't gotten the growth that you were expecting,
Nothing -- yet! This course is perfect for those in "preparation mode" who are strongly considering becoming a founder but haven't yet made the leap.
Course Description: This 4-session, in-person, evening course gives a solid overview of early-stage concepts and tools in a "study group" setting.
What you will do in this course:
- Use 3 different tools to model the business idea. We will be shaking out your idea, documenting all the options, and running "back of the napkin" calculations to see if it has a chance of working. We will also work as a group to help you determine the riskiest part of your business model, so you will know what to test first.
- Consider ways to model the market and understand your specific market category. We will use tools and frameworks as well as learn strategic options to determine your best approach.
- Gain competency with understanding the “customer” and the “problem. This includes "job-to-be-done," value proposition design, and customer interviewing techniques.
- Learn how to run experiments (just for clarity, we mean actual experiments -- which is very different than "just trying stuff")
- Learn ways to craft, test and improve the offer to get a powerful conversion rate, or see clearly why it might not be possible.
- Understand “traction metrics” and determine how to track progress through the early stage
- Introduce and practice principles of effective action for founders
- Understand the components of an effective "investor offer" -- what an investor or accelerator program manager will need to see to be able to invest.
- Design your action plan to move forward past the end date of the program
This course includes:
- Ten hours of classroom training delivered in 2.5 hrs sessions for 4 sessions,
- Three 30 min private coaching calls with Ada, one each week between sessions,
- A specific action plan from session to session for you to make progress each week,
- A private Facebook group for this cohort to share and help each other,
- Course materials including tools and key concepts as well as reference lnks.
Time commitment: 9 hours a week. This includes 2.5 hours a week in class with one 30 min coaching call with Ada per week, PLUS at least 6 hours of time spent on homework and experiments.
Mark your calendar: Monday evenings starting June 11, 2018. When you register, the price for the course covers the entire course from June 11 to July 9, 2018.
Dates: June 11, 18, 25, and July 9 (We are skipping July 4th week)
Time: 6:30 pm to 9:00pm
Comments from Ada's clients:
Tarica Navarro, Kinn Home: "I credit Ada for helping me gain clarity and confidence to move forward in my business at a very pivotal point. Ada has a way of calling out your blind spots while making you feel supported and heard. She provides depth of knowledge in addition to strategic theory that helps you see the bigger picture."
Jamal Wilburn, BigMouff: "Ada has been an AWESOME resource for staying focused on what matters in the early-stage of a startup! She knows the proper frameworks to keep my thinking on track, and she has trained me to focus on taking the right actions at the right time."
Isis Ashford, Xplosion Tech: "Ada is a master at prioritizing and getting the start-up clear about what really matters to both customers and future investors. Ada's energy and drive will you give that powerful push that propels you to the next level of your business.
for more comments, see Ada's Linked In page